Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Night Brew

Everybody at my work is sick and I'm no exception. This shouldn't be confused with "sick of work" which I always am anyways. I've been fighting it off for the past few days, but just have to come to the realization that I've got a cold. So in keeping up with taking good care of myself, we're going to do a batch of Weizenbock tonight in the nice cold damp air, this will be the final installment of the beers being brewed for a rather large party coming up. If I should start to perish tonight I will leave instructions with whoever is over: run down to the cellar and grab an ummarked 330cl bottle with a gold cap that reads Wesvleteren 12. Force the liquid down my throat, I will then die of pneumonia content and happy. This is my last request.

***The brew went great last night, we undershot gravity by a couple of points but I blame that on me measuring the grain. We usually buy bags in bulk for our base malts, but since this brew is over 50 percent dark wheat, I had to buy and weigh all of the specialties at once which I don't like doing. The whole crew showed up to hang out and have a couple of beers on the cold and windy night. Kevin pulled up in his plumbing truck and ran a hot water bib to the front of the house like it was nothing. How's that for having friends with skills? We pitched a monster 3liter starter of Weihenstephan yeast and it is bubbling away and a nice cool 62 degrees as of this morning. Prost!***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good brew everyone!! Can't wait to try it.